A Step by Step No-Nonsense Guide on How to Fill out an eForm 1
Create a User Account
Filing as an Individual Versus Filing as a Trust
Instructions for Filling Out The ATF E-forms Application
- Model Number: Creating a new model number can delay the process significantly, and it is often wise to choose a basic model number from the list.
- Caliber: Select the caliber from the list or enter it manually.
- Units of Measure: Select the units of measure which match the item you are registering.
- Length of Barrel (ln.): If you are not constructing an actual firearm, enter N/A.
- Overall Length (ln.): This is the overall length of what you are trying to construct; however, if it is an attachment to a firearm, only measure the item you are building.
- Serial Number: Here, you will enter your designated serial number.
- Description: For this question, you will need to enter a description of the item you are registering for.
- State Why You Intend To Make Firearm: You do not need to provide many details here. Simply stating “collection and investment” will generally be acceptable.