What are Gun Cleaning Patches and How to Use Them?
What are Cleaning Patches
How to use Cleaning Patches
How to Clean the Firearm
- A cleaning rod
- Cleaning patches
- A loop
- A firearm cleaning lubricant
- A cleaning brush
Step 1: Wear Safety Gloves
Step 2: Unload the Firearm
Step 3: Disassemble
How to Optimally use the Cleaning Patches as a Firearm Owner
The Most Recommended Cleaning Patches You Should Use?
- 17 cal, 223 cal, and 22 cal – 2-inch cleaning patches.
- 270 cal and 234 – 25 cal – 3-inch cleaning patches from outside.
- 9mm, 30-50 cal, and 7.62 mm – 3-inch cleaning patches inside.
- Ensure that you choose the right cleaning patch for the firearm.
- Attach your patches onto the needle as explained above.
- Attach this needle to the cleaning rod.
- Clean the firearm thoroughly using the patches both inside and out.
- Use a cleaning solvent with the patches if you need to.
- Run a dry patch through the firearm to see whether it is thoroughly cleaned. This step also ensures that the used solvent is removed.
- If using high-quality patches, you will go through about 7.